Read some more of our blogposts.

Monday, September 6, 2010

10 Questions for the DIY Bride

If you want to plan your wedding yourself, you can save yourself a lot of headache and stress by attending workshops that are put on by vendors.  I would equate it to the saying "an ounce of prevention is work a pound of cure".  You can never have too much information just as you can never be too prepared for any project that is going to require a lot of people, time and money!

What!?  A wedding being compared to project management?  Yes!  It's all in the details, and the unexpected, contingency plans and so forth!  People will tell you how to plan until they are blue in the face, but if it isn't working for you, then step back take a deep breath and allow yourself to devise a plan that is geared more to your style.

Ask yourself these questions:

1.  Am I a checklist kind of person?
2.  Am I a person who prefers to have everything categorized by color?
3.  Am I a person who has to have a committee for everything? (Your strength comes from being surrounded by people and their ideas).
4.  Am I person who can get a lot more done if I can just go someplace to concentrate where it is quiet?
5.  Am I planning my wedding to please everyone else, and is that causing more stress?
6.  Do I thrive in a high energy environment?
7.  Do I find it easier to learn by seeing things, hearing things, touching things, feeling things or even smelling things?
8.  Am I running like crazy but feeling like I'm getting nowhere fast?
9.  Am I juggling family, career and planning a wedding?
10.  Am I just finding everything too expensive and getting more discouraged by the minute?


If you can answer some of these questions, identify with some of them and feel a sense of relief, I have a tool that might help you get focused.

If you are a bride-to-be, you can go to my website http://greatestofdays.com/contact.html and put "planning" in the comment section and I'll email you a pdf of my "Visionnaire".  If you follow my blog, I will update you with tips to help you plan a stress-free wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment