Read some more of our blogposts.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's the Little Things That Add Up to Make Weddings Special!

Why be ordinary?  It's the little things that add up.  It's the little things that count.  It's the little things that make the difference.  We have all heard these statements regarding many aspects of life whether it be something good or bad.  I love to hear reactions from clients when I've done something special that they didn't expect.

I just had an idea today.  When I get that thought in my head that there has to be some way to make this more meaningful or special, I know I'm on to something.

I like to pack up a little bit of food from the reception while it is still fresh that can be refrigerated and then sent with a bride and groom as they leave the reception to go to their hotel along with a bottle of wine or favorite beverage.  It's fun to put things in a basket and personalize it.  Of course, I put in plates and silverware and a couple of glasses, napkins, but I started thinking about the plates.  Just plain plates seem too ordinary!  Then I thought, I'm going to get one plate that says Happy 25th Anniversary and Happy 50th Anniversary.  To me, it says "I wish for you a long and happy marriage!"  It's not much of an investment but if it becomes a memory, it's priceless.

If you need inspiration, maybe these few words will help you.

Unexpected.

Surprise!

You shouldn't have!

How did you know?

You remembered!

How time flies!

That's my favorite...

I remember that!!

That's our little secret!

I never would have thought of that!


Anyway, have a great time practicing your uniqueness!  Let's never just do what everyone expects!  It's not much different than a random act of kindness!  Try it and have fun!

Wishing you the greatest of days!


http://greatestofdays.com/Resources.html

No comments:

Post a Comment